In 2009, Rev. Nate led a workshop entitled, "A Letter to My Murderer" about the Death Penalty. It was part of the General Assembly of Unitarian Universalist Congregations in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Words of welcome were given by Reverend Dr. Richard Speck, District Executive, Joseph Priestley District of the Unitarian Universalist Association.
- The opening reading was given by Kathy Bonanno, author of Slamming Open the Door, winner of the 2008 Beatrice Hawley Award.
- Opening words were given by Reverend Catherine Harrington, People’s Church, The West Shore Unitarian Universalist Congregation, Ludington, MI.
- The Declaration of Life was read by Jean Rabenold, President of the Unitarian Universalists for Alternatives to the Death Penalty (www.uuadp.org).
- Reflections on the Knoxville shootings were given by the Reverend Dr. Chris Buice, Minister of the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church of Knoxville, TN.
- The sermon entitled "A Letter to My Murderer" was delivered by Reverend Nate Walker, Minister of the First Unitarian Church of Philadelphia.
- A number of workshop chaplains offered reflections based on participant's responses.
- The extinguishing of the chalice was offered by Rev. Nina Kalmoutis, of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Sunnyvale, CA.
- And the benediction was given by Reverend Catherine Harrington, People’s Church, The West Shore Unitarian Universalist Congregation, Ludington, MI.